Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Meet Karri & Lilly

It has been a long time coming but we are only 12 days away from the launch of our Summer 13/14 'Reflections' collection. We would love for you to meet the faces of our Summer 13/14 campaign , Karri Nicholas and Lilly Cobon. Both beautiful, bubbly & quirky characters, they're the epitome of the Sinead James girl. Karri & Lilly own their unique looks but together their chemistry made them a super team. We loved the coolness the girls brought to the shoot, we had a blast working with them. Get to know both these fresh faces a little more by reading their interviews with the Sinead James The Label team....


Karri left, Lilly right

Meet Lilly...

Please introduce yourself I am Lilly from Asha Model Management on the Sunshine Coast

What was it like shooting for Sinead James The Label? So much fun! I had such a great time and everyone involved was so lovely! My favourite look book shoot for sure!

What is your favourite piece in the S/S 13/14 collection? I'd have to say the black jumpsuit with the leather bustier because its super comfortable and looks amazing and elegant.


What was your favourite part of the shoot? Working with Sinead and the rest of the crew was a wonderful experience and they made me feel really comfortable being on set which helped both Karri and I model to the best of our abilities


How were you discovered? I was discovered through a modelling competition a Byron Bay brand was conducting which my friend asked me to enter. Thinking nothing would come of it, I submitted a photo of myself and to my surprise, I won and was asked to model for their new collection and was scouted by my current modelling agency from there.


Where do you see yourself in five years? Pursuing a career in modelling and hopefully finishing my degree in nursing to eventually work with Indigenous communities in Australia through health services.


Describe your style in three words? Grungy, Simple & Casual (always changing).


What do you love most about being a model? And, what do you least enjoy? I love meeting such wonderful, new people all the time and becoming a completely different person in front of the camera. The hardest part is the commitment a model must uphold and the (sometimes) brutal industry.


Who is your icon and why? Miranda Kerr is my largest icon because she lived a similar life to mine and was just a normal teenage girl and has come such a long way since then due to her commitment and determination which I strongly admire.

Meet Karri....
Please introduce yourself My name is Karri Nicholas from Division models, I am 16 years old and in love with life and coffee. I'm from the Gold Coast and just about to finish grade 12! I'm an enthusiastic person and love to be surrounded by my friends and family.
What was it like shooting for Sinead James The Label? Shooting for Sinead James The Label was literally so fun! We had metallic futuristic hair, bubble machines, crazy straws, and of course, the incredible clothing that was so quirky and cool.
What is your favourite piece in the S/S 13/14 collection? My favourite piece was the elegant full body suit. It makes you look so much taller and slimmer and you can dress it up or down for whatever occasion and still rock it.
What was your favourite part of the shoot? Creating the video by Best Men Films was awesome, I don’t know what I look like when I'm in the air but I'm excited to see! Also the bubble machine, I love bubbles haha.
How were you discovered? I was scouted in 2012 while I was running on the beach. So glad I motivated myself to go for a run that day!
Where do you see yourself in five years? Well I would be 21, so ideally I would like to see myself living on the shores of Santorini, Greece, with a tanned model boyfriend, luxury yacht, and a cook. However, something tells me that is only in my dreams. As long as I am happy, healthy and doing what I love everything else will fall into place.
Describe your style in three words? Minimalistic with edge
What do you love most about being a model? And, what do you least enjoy?I love the creative people you meet along the way, the friendships you form, and experiences you get to enjoy which many people wont ever see. You also begin to appreciate how much can go into one photo or one fashion show. There’s a lot behind the scenes that you don’t see. Which is the least enjoyable aspect- a lot of waiting around, styling and fussing! 
Who is your icon and why? Cara Delevingne!! She has this vibe about her that makes me so happy and energetic. Her style can also be really casual, sexy, or elegant - she can pull off anything!

www.sineadjames.com


No comments:

Post a Comment